Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT
Hear Here: Meet John Stangl
Finding food can be hard for some families in the Bay Area. The producers of Hear Here, KALW’s community storytelling project, paid a visit to Oakland’s Laurel Elementary School during a monthly food distribution service for Laurel families. Hear Here producer Audrey Dilling spoke with Laurel Elementary Principal John Stangl about the challenges his students have getting enough to eat – a challenge he experienced firsthand as a child.
Click the player above to listen to the full story.
This story is a part of Hear Here, KALW’s community storytelling initiative. Hear Here is currently seeking stories about meaningful places around Oakland and San Francisco. What's your favorite neighborhood spot? Let our Hear Here producers know by visiting the project’s website and clicking on "PARTICIPATE." You can also find the project on Facebook or follow it on Twitter @hearhereradio.