Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project
Hear Here: Meet Lita Hernandez
Here at KALW, we're experimenting with a new way of producing radio, and it involves you. It's our new community storytelling initiative, Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project, in which we take our microphones to local neighborhoods to listen to your stories.
Recently our Hear Here producers popped up in the 81st Avenue East Oakland Library and met fifth grader Lita Hernandez. Hernandez has dreamed of becoming a chef since, well, she was six years old. This is what she has to say about her experience in the kitchen so far.
Listen to the full story above.
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT