Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project
Hear Here: Meet Lita Hernandez
Here at KALW, we're experimenting with a new way of producing radio, and it involves you. It's our new community storytelling initiative, Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project, in which we take our microphones to local neighborhoods to listen to your stories.
Recently our Hear Here producers popped up in the 81st Avenue East Oakland Library and met fifth grader Lita Hernandez. Hernandez has dreamed of becoming a chef since, well, she was six years old. This is what she has to say about her experience in the kitchen so far.
Listen to the full story above.
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT