Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT
Hear Here: Meet Nina Jo Smith
Our Hear Here community storytelling team has been asking San Francisco and Oakland residents the question: what’s a place in your neighborhood that means something to you – and why?
Local musician Nina Jo Smith responded that a significant place to her is the Hotel Utah Saloon in San Francisco’s SOMA district. The Hotel Utah is important to Smith for lots of reasons, one of which has to do with her brother.
The last song featured in this story is from Nina Jo Smith's forthcoming album, People, Places, and Sings. It was recorded live at the Hotel Utah. To learn more about Smith's music and upcoming performances, visit her website.