Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT
Hear Here: Meet Xiao Juan Shu
The Bay Area is known for its creativity and its critical thinkers: activists, free spirits, soul-searchers, and innovators. At Crosscurrents, we've been discovering some of these voices through our community storytelling initiative, Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project. Our Hear Here producers recently popped up at the Ortega Branch of the San Francisco Public Library. There they asked the residents of the Outer Sunset District for their personal stories on food. They met bakers, barbeque owners, and one young woman whose story of family, food, and the search for happiness spanned the Pacific Ocean. This is her story.