Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT
Hear Here: Ryan Lee's love affair with bread
San Francisco is well known for its bread, especially its sourdough, which gets its flavor from a special kind of bacteria in the air here. Combine that with some yeast, flour, and water, let it rise and bake it and you’ll get a uniquely San Franciscan loaf. But it’s not that easy, as the subject of our next story can attest to. He’s been trying to master the art of sourdough since he got his first baking job in the city just over a year ago.
Listen to the full story above.