Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Arts & Culture
Hear Here: Viola Rusca's memories of San Francisco
Viola Rusca has been watching San Francisco evolve for over nine decades. She shared some of her childhood memories from growing up in Visitacion Valley with our Hear Here community storytelling project.
"Well everything was dirt," Rusca remembers about the streets in her neighborhood. "Because I remember my father... the Italians liked to play bocce ball. Because our street was dirt, his friends would come on Sunday and play bocce ball."
Click the audio player above to hear the story.