Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
Arts & Culture
Hear Here: Viola Rusca's memories of San Francisco
Viola Rusca has been watching San Francisco evolve for over nine decades. She shared some of her childhood memories from growing up in Visitacion Valley with our Hear Here community storytelling project.
"Well everything was dirt," Rusca remembers about the streets in her neighborhood. "Because I remember my father... the Italians liked to play bocce ball. Because our street was dirt, his friends would come on Sunday and play bocce ball."
Click the audio player above to hear the story.