Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Helping low-income students save for college
Carl Rist is behind a local effort called 1:1 Fund. It combines social networking and crowd funding techniques to help low-income students save for college. The 1:1 fund is a project of the Corporation for Enterprise Development, or CFED, and Rist is executive director of the project. He spoke with KALW’s Holly Kernan.
Click the audio player above to hear the interview.