Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
City Visions: February 24, 2014
Heroin and Harm Reduction
The tragic death of actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman has brought both cultural and media attention to a recent spike in heroin deaths related to painkiller addiction.
We look at the impact of new forms of dangerous heroin, the effects on users, and overdose prevention efforts--particularly in San Francisco--that are saving lives … and money.
- Laura Thomas, San Francisco Drug Policy Alliance
- Dr. Daniel Ciccarone, UCSF School of Medicine
- Johnny Lorenz, San Francisco Drug Users' Union
- Dr. Alice Gleghorn, San Francisco Department of Health