Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
City Visions: February 24, 2014
Heroin and Harm Reduction
The tragic death of actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman has brought both cultural and media attention to a recent spike in heroin deaths related to painkiller addiction.
We look at the impact of new forms of dangerous heroin, the effects on users, and overdose prevention efforts--particularly in San Francisco--that are saving lives … and money.
- Laura Thomas, San Francisco Drug Policy Alliance
- Dr. Daniel Ciccarone, UCSF School of Medicine
- Johnny Lorenz, San Francisco Drug Users' Union
- Dr. Alice Gleghorn, San Francisco Department of Health