Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
City Visions: February 24, 2014
Heroin and Harm Reduction
The tragic death of actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman has brought both cultural and media attention to a recent spike in heroin deaths related to painkiller addiction.
We look at the impact of new forms of dangerous heroin, the effects on users, and overdose prevention efforts--particularly in San Francisco--that are saving lives … and money.
- Laura Thomas, San Francisco Drug Policy Alliance
- Dr. Daniel Ciccarone, UCSF School of Medicine
- Johnny Lorenz, San Francisco Drug Users' Union
- Dr. Alice Gleghorn, San Francisco Department of Health