Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
City Visions: February 24, 2014
Heroin and Harm Reduction
The tragic death of actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman has brought both cultural and media attention to a recent spike in heroin deaths related to painkiller addiction.
We look at the impact of new forms of dangerous heroin, the effects on users, and overdose prevention efforts--particularly in San Francisco--that are saving lives … and money.
- Laura Thomas, San Francisco Drug Policy Alliance
- Dr. Daniel Ciccarone, UCSF School of Medicine
- Johnny Lorenz, San Francisco Drug Users' Union
- Dr. Alice Gleghorn, San Francisco Department of Health