Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
City Visions: February 24, 2014
Heroin and Harm Reduction
The tragic death of actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman has brought both cultural and media attention to a recent spike in heroin deaths related to painkiller addiction.
We look at the impact of new forms of dangerous heroin, the effects on users, and overdose prevention efforts--particularly in San Francisco--that are saving lives … and money.
- Laura Thomas, San Francisco Drug Policy Alliance
- Dr. Daniel Ciccarone, UCSF School of Medicine
- Johnny Lorenz, San Francisco Drug Users' Union
- Dr. Alice Gleghorn, San Francisco Department of Health