Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Dispatches from Kolkata 12/19
His sitar gently weeps…...
There have been other musical greats in India. But Ravi Shankar was different.
He made my life in America immeasurably easier because he, and his fellow musician Ali Akbar Khan, exposed America to people like me and our culture. As a friend said he was our soft power – in stereo. He was the West’s Discovery of India.