Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Out In The Bay - 1/3/13 - Edwin Okong'o
Homo-Fear in Africa
Homo-fear in Africa: Host Marilyn Pittman gets a detailed debrief from journalist Edwin Okong'o about the fragile state of LGBT civil rights in Uganda and other African countries.
The human rights spotlight has been focused on this troubling development since 2009, when legislation was introduced in Uganda to punish homosexuality by death.
As a Kenyan-American journalist and UC Berkeley educator, Edwin also has a bead on the issue within the Bay area African communities. He is also co-host of KALW's "Africa Mix" music program and is a stand-up comedian and satirist with a blog on HuffPo.com.