Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
How the Media Reveals and Distorts the Realities of Work
On the Sep. 29 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Michael Bernick, the former director of California's Employment Development Department about how work is portrayed and misportrayed in TV sitcoms, movies, TV news, etc.
And you can call in with your career problem or that of someone you care about. In what I call a 3-Minute Workover, I'll do my best to help you take at least a baby-step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.