Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
How should the city handle Ross Mirkarimi?
San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi continues to be in hot water as the City of San Francisco determines whether or not he should lose his job. Mayor Ed Lee suspended Mirkarimi on March 20th, after he plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of false imprisonment. The charge is connection with a New Year’s Eve incident in which he grabbed his wife's arm during an argument, causing a bruise.
The City’s Ethics Commission began hearings on the case this week and San Francisco Mayor Lee has said he would testify if needed. KALW’s Ben Trefny spoke with San Francisco Examiner’s Melissa Griffin to learn what the case means for the City.