Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Nine ideas to solve San Francisco's housing crisis
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
Dispatches from Kolkata for 9/25
I Love You Box
Love in India is often over the top. In the weekly magazine Open I read about a 30-year old lawyer in the town of Patna. He leaves I love you notes for his girlfriend written in blood. But he doesn’t slit his wrists to do it because he says one needs to be innovative, not stupid. So it’s a little surprising to find a Hindi film making a splash with a love story so low key, so subtle, one can hardly call it a romance. The lovers don’t meet. They just exchange notes in a lunchbox. Real handwritten notes . About life. And food.