Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Indonesian Sultanate In The Middle Of A Power Grab
Indonesia is the world's third largest democracy, behind India and the United States. But the governor of the province that's the cultural heart of that democracy is a Sultan, an un-elected monarch. This unusual arrangement has survived unchallenged for six decades - until now. NPR's Anthony Kuhn has the story.