Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Alternative Radio 1/23/12
Inside Kashmir - Monday at 1pm
On today's 1pm broadcast of Alternative Radio: "Inside Kashmir" with Mohamad Junaid.
Kashmir, renowned for its incredible beauty, is the site of a decades long military occupation mostly hidden from worldview. Mohamad Junaid grew up in Kashmir in the 1990s and witnessed the rise of resistance against Indian rule. He has written on Kashmir in various newspapers and magazines and is a contributor to the book “Until My Freedom Has Come.” He is a graduate student in anthropology at the City University of New York and he teaches at Lehman College.