Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Out in the Bay - March 8, 2012
"It's All The Rage" ~ Comedy & Tragedy
How does a comic deal with personal tragedy? On this week's Out in the Bay, hosts Marilyn Pittman and Eric Jansen play excerpts from Marilyn's solo show, "It's All the Rage," about her parents’ 1997 murder-suicide, and talk about rage, PTSD, gender roles, and how humor, friends and her wife helped her survive.
"It's All The Rage" plays tonight through April 15 at The Marsh in San Francisco. This very personally revealing stage tale won Best One-Woman Show at the 2011 United Solo Festival, the world’s largest solo performance festival, in New York City in November. Marilyn calls it "the funniest show you’ll ever see about murder-suicide." She's brought it back to The Marsh in San Francisco -- where she developed it in 2009 -- March 8 through April 15. Tickets at www.TheMarsh.org; more info at www.MarilynPittman.com
Arts & Culture