Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Jaron Lanier, one of Time's 100 Most Influential People, Comes to KALW
Jaron Lanier may be best known for being the father of virtual reality but in recent years, he's focused on how to reverse the middle class's shrinking. That thinking has culminated in his new book, Who Owns the Future.
I watched Jaron Lanier give a talk on C-Span after which I immediately invited him to appear on Work with Marty Nemko. I predict he will be among the most interesting guests I've ever had on the program.
On the Sept. 15, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, we will tackle the question of how to rebuild a strong middle class, a key element of which is how to generate enough work that pays sufficiently to adequately support a middle class.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.