Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Jaron Lanier, one of Time's 100 Most Influential People, Comes to KALW
Jaron Lanier may be best known for being the father of virtual reality but in recent years, he's focused on how to reverse the middle class's shrinking. That thinking has culminated in his new book, Who Owns the Future.
I watched Jaron Lanier give a talk on C-Span after which I invited him to appear on Work with Marty Nemko.
On the Sept. 15, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, we tackled the question of how to rebuild a strong middle class, a key element of which is how to generate enough work that pays sufficiently to adequately support a middle class.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.