Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Jeff Adachi - California's only elected public defender
San Francisco is the only city in California where the voters choose their public defender. Since 2002, the city has elected Jeff Adachi. He comes from a long line of public defenders who have been fighting to give equal representation to those caught up in the criminal justice system. Every year his office takes on more than twenty five thousand clients who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a lawyer.
“San Francisco is the most progressive, pro union, lefty - and I'd probably be the poster boy for that in many ways.”
Click the audioplayer above to hear the entire interview.
City Visions: August 19, 2013
The Sequester: Cuts And Consequences
Cops & Courts