Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Jeff Adachi - California's only elected public defender
San Francisco is the only city in California where the voters choose their public defender. Since 2002, the city has elected Jeff Adachi. He comes from a long line of public defenders who have been fighting to give equal representation to those caught up in the criminal justice system. Every year his office takes on more than twenty five thousand clients who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a lawyer.
“San Francisco is the most progressive, pro union, lefty - and I'd probably be the poster boy for that in many ways.”
Click the audioplayer above to hear the entire interview.
City Visions: August 19, 2013
The Sequester: Cuts And Consequences
Cops & Courts