Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
KALW Program Changes for 2012
Dear KALW listeners:
After receiving feedback from more than 1,000 listeners about the proposed program changes for 2012, we now have a final schedule for the new year, which you can view here as a PDF document.
As you'll see, we've made some adjustments based on what we heard from you: Whad'Ya Know will stay where it is on Saturday afternoons, and Your Call will continue to be rebroadcast, although at a later hour - 11pm, Monday through Thursday.
We didn't go into this process expecting consensus to emerge. The people who value KALW are diverse and passionate, and so were the responses to the proposed changes.
However, after a month of reading survey comments, letters, and e-mails, I'm convinced that taking the time to hear from the broad range of people who depend on KALW isn't just the right thing to do - in both the short and long run, it will make the station stronger and better to listen to.
Thank you for your engagement with Local Public Radio, and I encourage you to stay in touch as the new schedule goes into effect in January.
P.S. If you'd like to see a numerical breakdown of the responses to our on-line survey and a more detailed explanation of the final decisions, please click here.