KALW is seeking a multi-talented producer/engineer/editor to join our team. We're looking for a creative, experienced radio producer with great writing and mixing skills who can work well independently as well as collaboratively at our studios.
You'll help create broadcast and online content for our weekly arts reporting program Sights & Sounds, which features artists and creative thinkers from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area with a special focus on those who are underrepresented in mainstream media.
You'll also be part of our news department's engineering and editorial teams, mixing content for our nightly news and culture program Crosscurrents, providing context, culture, and connections around the Bay Area.
- Engineer in-studio interviews
- Cut and mix interviews, using music and other assets
- Edit feature scripts for content
- Mix feature stories for air
- Identify and book guests
- Attend weekly meetings
- Organize and update calendar and other internal production documents
- Write prep sheets for interviews and on-air scripts
- Create and upload web content
- Engineering chops with Pro Tools, and ability to mix on deadline
- Skill in mixing for sound as well as cutting for content
- A strong interest in and knowledge of music, and your own extensive music library
- Experience with radio writing
- Experience editing story scripts, or interest in building that skill
- Familiarity with and curiosity about Bay Area arts, culture and issues
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Slack, and availability by email
This is an independent contract position for approximately 32 hours a week at KALW's studios.
KALW encourages a diverse pool of applicants from a variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. We value diversity.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, clips or links, and references to KALWapplications@gmail.com. Application deadline is Sunday, July 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m. PT.