Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
income inequality, Robert Reich, achievement gap,
KALW's Nemko Gets 2nd Long-Form Interview of Robert Reich
On the April 27, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, a second long-form conversation with Robert Reich, Secretary of Labor in the Clinton Administration and advisor to the Obama Administration. We discuss employment issues of the day: income inequality, minimum wage, and a spirited exchange on the wisdom of using Disparate Impact to abet minority employment. We also had a fun exchange about career and life lessons from our early life.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.