Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Out In The Bay 4-4-13
Karinda Dobbins: Black, Gay, Funny, and a Single Mother!
Karinda Dobbins is an up and coming comedian who happens to carry too many labels: black, gay, single mother. But she's still one of a kind. Host (and one of the first 'out' comics) Marilyn Pittman talks with Karinda about her life in Oakland, her daughter, her stand-up act, and what it was like opening for W. Kamau Bell of FX's 'Totally Biased" last week at Stagewerx on Valencia Street.
Airs Thursday 4-4-13 at 7pm