Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Out In The Bay 4-4-13
Karinda Dobbins: Black, Gay, Funny, and a Single Mother!
Karinda Dobbins is an up and coming comedian who happens to carry too many labels: black, gay, single mother. But she's still one of a kind. Host (and one of the first 'out' comics) Marilyn Pittman talks with Karinda about her life in Oakland, her daughter, her stand-up act, and what it was like opening for W. Kamau Bell of FX's 'Totally Biased" last week at Stagewerx on Valencia Street.
Airs Thursday 4-4-13 at 7pm