Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Dispatches from Kolkata 11/28
Kasab is dead
On November 26th 2008 terrorists stormed into Mumbai, and rained bullets on a railway station, a trendy café, a five star hotel and a Jewish cetntre, killing at least 166 people. 26/11 has often been called India’s 9/11. However the anniversary this week, marked as usual by wreath laying ceremonies and patriotic speeches in India, was an anniversary with a difference. Ajmal Kasab the lone surviving gunman for that terror attack was dead.