Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Dispatches from Kolkata 11/28
Kasab is dead
On November 26th 2008 terrorists stormed into Mumbai, and rained bullets on a railway station, a trendy café, a five star hotel and a Jewish cetntre, killing at least 166 people. 26/11 has often been called India’s 9/11. However the anniversary this week, marked as usual by wreath laying ceremonies and patriotic speeches in India, was an anniversary with a difference. Ajmal Kasab the lone surviving gunman for that terror attack was dead.