Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Dispatches from Kolkata 11/28
Kasab is dead
On November 26th 2008 terrorists stormed into Mumbai, and rained bullets on a railway station, a trendy café, a five star hotel and a Jewish cetntre, killing at least 166 people. 26/11 has often been called India’s 9/11. However the anniversary this week, marked as usual by wreath laying ceremonies and patriotic speeches in India, was an anniversary with a difference. Ajmal Kasab the lone surviving gunman for that terror attack was dead.