Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Kindle Fire Shipments Begin A Day Early
If you've been waiting anxiously for that $199 Kindle Fire tablet you pre-ordered from Amazon.com, this should be welcome news:
The company says it started shipping the tablets today — one day earlier than it had planned.
"Kindle Fire quickly became the bestselling item across all of Amazon.com, and based on customer response we're building millions more than we'd planned," Dave Limp, vice president of Amazon Kindle, says.