Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Klezmer Trio Veretski Pass ~ Pianist Simon Trpčeski ~ Grand Guignol Horror Play
This week on Open Air, host David Latulippe talks with Macedonian pianist Simon Trpčeski, who is performing with the San Francisco Symphony, playing Prokofiev's Piano Concerto nr. 3; director Mitchell Altieri talks about the naturalistic horror stage play “Grand Guignol” that he is directing at Z Space, and we have a live in-studio performance by members of Klezmer trio Veretski Pass, which will be performing this weekend in Berkeley as part of KlezCalifornia’s Yiddish Culture Festival. Plus, a preview and ticket giveaway for this weekend's Peninsula Symphony performances. Open Air ~ Originally broadcast on Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 1pm. Listen now or anytime...