Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
NINERS LOSE, ENJOY THE BANDS OF BALTIMORE
Know any great Baltimore bands?
Well, the 49ers lost the Super Bowl.
And per our bet with WTMD, a public radio station serving the Baltimore area, that means we'll be featuring music of the Baltimorean persuasion at the end of Crosscurrents, and probably a few other places in our schedule this week.
Worse things could happen! In fact, a few KALW listeners said that the opportunity to hear some Baltimore bands was actually incentive for them to root for the Ravens. And at least one Baltimore music fan already weighed in on behalf of Lungfish, pictured here.
So do you know a great Baltimore band you'd like to hear on KALW this week? Post a suggestion here, or drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!