Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Boston Has Riskiest Drivers, According To Insurance Ranking
Originally published on Wed August 27, 2014 4:15 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Today's last word in Business involves your car - or rather, your (imitating a Boston accent) car.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
It involves driving in Boston - Allstate Insurance has a new ranking of cities with the riskiest drivers and Boston is ranked number 1. According to this study, Bostonians get into an accident, on average, every four years.
GREENE: Now, if you're looking for a more relaxed driving experience, try a place with a more relaxed Western accent - Fort Collins, Colorado.
INSKEEP: They're the nation's safest drivers, only averaging a collision every 14 years.
GREENE: That's the Business News on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
INSKEEP: And I'm Steve Inskeep.
GREENE: We'll leave a light on for you. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.