Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
United, Delta Upgrade Overhead Bins
Originally published on Tue March 6, 2012 9:13 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And our last word in business has some good news for travelers – bigger bins. People have been avoiding checked-baggage fees by carrying on bags onto airplanes - that includes bags too big for the overhead bins. Now United and Delta Airlines are enlarging their bins, though there is some fear this will prompt people to bring bags that are even bigger.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.