Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
The latest on the Alan Blueford slaying and investigations of police misconduct
KALW's Holly Kernan checks in with East Bay Express co-editor Robert Gammon about the latest news, including a report on the Alameda County decision not to press criminal charges against the officer that shot 18-year-old Alan Blueford in Oakland.
ROBERT GAMMON: The Alameda County D.A. announced that they're not going to be charging Officer Masso. They concluded that they believe Officer Masso's account that he contends that when he shot the teen, that his life was in danger, so it was a justified shooting.
Click the player above to listen to the complete interview.