Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Out in the Bay - 8/2/12 - Project: Lohan
Lindsay Lohan - this century's Judy Garland?!?
Project: Lohan is a multi-media theatrical event about the life of Lindsay Lohan, who went from pre-teen Disney starlet to convicted felon in less than a decade. It's a mad dash through Lohan's rise and fall ordeal, told by 6 cross-dressing actors playing 5 dozen characters in 90 minutes with 172 costume changes! The script is all text found in tabloids, TV news, court transcripts, 911 calls and the like. Why is our society so obsessed with fallen Hollywood idols? Find out and hear bits from the show on this week's Out in the Bay with Eric Jansen's guest, Project: Lohan creator and star D’Arcy Drollinger, who likens Lohan to Judy Garland.
Project: Lohan's West Coast premier continues through Aug. 19 at The Costume Shop, A.C.T.'s new 'black-box' theater, 1117 Market Street near 7th in San Francisco.
P.S. from the promoters: In a special shout-out to other folks who have had a “difference of opinion” with the law; if you have a DUI conviction and/or have a parole card, bring it with you to the box office and receive $5.00 off the price of your ticket.