Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Listen to San Quentin inmates imitate the sounds of prison life
KALW’s Martina Castro asked reporters with the San Quentin Radio Project currently serving time there to imitate the sounds of their daily lives. Take a listen.
This audio originally aired as a part of KALW’s Audiograph game. Each week, KALW plays a sound recorded somewhere in the Bay Area, and asks listeners to call in and guess the sound and where it came from. Take a listen to the complete original version of this answer here.
Learn more about San Quentin: