Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Arts & Culture
Listen to San Quentin inmates imitate the sounds of prison life
KALW’s Martina Castro asked reporters with the San Quentin Radio Project currently serving time there to imitate the sounds of their daily lives. Take a listen.
This audio originally aired as a part of KALW’s Audiograph game. Each week, KALW plays a sound recorded somewhere in the Bay Area, and asks listeners to call in and guess the sound and where it came from. Take a listen to the complete original version of this answer here.
Learn more about San Quentin: