Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Litquake 2012 - KRAWL with KALW
Litquake, San Francisco's Literary Festival, takes place for the 13th time October 5-13. The festival features 163 events and more than 850 authors, and the closing night Lit Crawl, the world’s largest free literary crawl.
Part of San Francisco’s Litquake since 2004, the Lit Crawl is like an ordinary bar crawl transformed into a mob scene of literary mayhem!
Featuring pop-up events in every kind of venue (bars, cafes, bookstores, theaters, galleries, clothing boutiques, furniture showrooms, parking lots, Laundromats, bee-keeping supply shops), in one or more neighborhoods, with dozens of invited authors reading from their work. Tromp the route and get drunk on words with hundreds of other literati - all for free!
KALW and KALW collaborators are active participants in Litquake and Lit Crawl this year:
Tuesday, October 9: Radio Ambulante Live: Stories From The Americas
Wednesday, October 10: Philosophy Talk Live! How Fiction Shapes Us
Saturday, October 13: Hear Here at Lit Crawl: A Night of Storytelling