Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Local Music: Bill Hansell
Here’s something you don’t hear every day – a Guitar Pull. The term seems to come from the Great Depression when a group would get together to play songs. Often only one player would have a guitar, so they’d “pull” it from each other to have a turn. Bill Hansell has hosted 15 previous Guitar Pulls. There’s always a featured performer, but also time for others to play. And they’ll probably share an instrument if you ask nicely – no need to pull.
Hansell’s 16th Guitar Pull takes place tonig
ht, Thursday, November 8th, at The Sleeping Lady in Fairfax, starting about 9pm.