Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Local Music: Duniya Dance Co.
The sounds you’re hearing are by the Duniya Dance and Drum Company of San Francisco. They’ll be providing the rhythm for "The Madness of the Elephant," a theater production about the first president of the nation of Guinea.
Guinean dance, which figures heavily in this show, is noted for its enthusiasm and energy. There are two performances, tomorrow and Saturday, April 5 and 6, at the Jewish Community Center in San Francisco. The curtain goes up at 8pm.