Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
Local Music: Major Powers and the Lo-Fi Symphony
Does this music remind you of Queen? That’s not by accident. But Major Powers and the Lo-Fi Symphony isn’t a tribute band; they’re the inventors of what they call Adventure Rock. It may surprise you that all of this sound comes from a trio, and the trio is from Crockett, California.
You can see for yourself how three people can make this much music when they play at San Francisco’s on Sunday May 5, with two other bands. Music starts at 7pm.