Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Cops & Courts
Local youth respond to Trayvon Martin's death
Criminal justice news continues to make national headlines, with the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. Social networking sites are full of commentary on the killing. Many in the African American community are wondering how to talk to their sons about such tragedies.
Gerald Gray and his son Jabari sat down to talk at Youth Radio, where Jabari is a Development Officer. For the multi-racial family, the incident hits home. The producers at Youth Radio brought us their story, along with the responses of how other young people in the Bay Area are relating their own experiences to Trayvon Martin’s death.
For more of Youth Radio’s Trayvon Martin coverage, visit TurnstyleNews.com