Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Cops & Courts
Local youth respond to Trayvon Martin's death
Criminal justice news continues to make national headlines, with the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. Social networking sites are full of commentary on the killing. Many in the African American community are wondering how to talk to their sons about such tragedies.
Gerald Gray and his son Jabari sat down to talk at Youth Radio, where Jabari is a Development Officer. For the multi-racial family, the incident hits home. The producers at Youth Radio brought us their story, along with the responses of how other young people in the Bay Area are relating their own experiences to Trayvon Martin’s death.
For more of Youth Radio’s Trayvon Martin coverage, visit TurnstyleNews.com