Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
The Long Walk
This past Saturday, KALW contributor Molly Samuel set off on what she calls the "Long Walk." It's a tradition she started three years ago, when she and 12 friends walked the entire waterfront of San Francisco – 23 miles. It took them 11 hours, and gave them all a new perspective on their city.
Julie Caine sat down with Molly to hear about what she saw and heard.
Click the audio player above to listen to the story.
This story originally aired in 2012 and mentions the Bush Man at Fisherman's wharf. He passed away in February of 2014.