Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
The Long Walk
This past Saturday, KALW contributor Molly Samuel set off on what she calls the "Long Walk." It's a tradition she started three years ago, when she and 12 friends walked the entire waterfront of San Francisco – 23 miles. It took them 11 hours, and gave them all a new perspective on their city.
Julie Caine sat down with Molly to hear about what she saw and heard.
Click the audio player above to listen to the story.
This story originally aired in 2012 and mentions the Bush Man at Fisherman's wharf. He passed away in February of 2014.