Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Looking At Education: The 1990 Institute
The 1990 Institute seeks to broaden understanding and built trust between the people of China and America. On this episode of Looking At Education, Carol Kocivar talks about the organization's work with its director Daniel Chow and Burton High School librarian Pete Hammer.
The 1990 Institute is celebrating its 23rd anniversary on October 3rd at a dinner featuring playwright David Henry Hwang. More information is available at 1990Institute.org.