Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Today's music is by “Loquat,” a San Francisco band. Do they take their name from the fruit of that name? Maybe – they’re not saying for sure. But they do say their music “doesn’t pander to fashion.” They’re heading the bill tomorrow, April 27, at The Independent in San Francisco, singing songs from their new album. Music begins about 9pm.