Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Out in the Bay - 7pm Thanksgiving
Making the holidays queerly more comfortable!
Queer Questions, Straight Talk: Just in time for those family holiday gatherings, civil rights attorney Abby Dees says go ahead, ask your gay relative or friend the questions burning inside you. Like "Which one of you is the man?" If you're queer, she says grin and bear it, encourage your loved ones to ask those awkward questions. She believes that if asking out of love, there are no stupid questions, they're all opportunities to broaden understanding. So she's written Queer Questions, Straight Talk: 108 frank & provocative questions it's okay to ask your lesbian, gay or bisexual loved one. Hear all about it with Out in the Bay host Eric Jansen, Thanksgiving night at 7pm Pacific Time at kalw.org worldwide, 91.7FM Bay Area.
Out in the Bay ~ 5/30/13 - 7pm