Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Out in the Bay - 7pm Thanksgiving
Making the holidays queerly more comfortable!
Queer Questions, Straight Talk: Just in time for those family holiday gatherings, civil rights attorney Abby Dees says go ahead, ask your gay relative or friend the questions burning inside you. Like "Which one of you is the man?" If you're queer, she says grin and bear it, encourage your loved ones to ask those awkward questions. She believes that if asking out of love, there are no stupid questions, they're all opportunities to broaden understanding. So she's written Queer Questions, Straight Talk: 108 frank & provocative questions it's okay to ask your lesbian, gay or bisexual loved one. Hear all about it with Out in the Bay host Eric Jansen, Thanksgiving night at 7pm Pacific Time at kalw.org worldwide, 91.7FM Bay Area.
Out in the Bay ~ 5/30/13 - 7pm