Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
Makru is a San Francisco band with so many musical influences that we’ll just call their sound “world music.” But they call it “a unifying, positive vibe in the Bay Area."
Crosscurrents’ own Martina Castro sings with the group in both English and Spanish. They perform this Thursday (May 10) at the Brick and Mortar Music Hall in San Francisco. Doors open at 8pm.