Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Mark Wahlberg: With Me Aboard, 9/11 Hijackers Would Have Been Stopped
Originally published on Wed January 18, 2012 7:11 pm
Update at 9:45 p.m. ET. Wahlberg apologizes:
Saying his comments were "ridiculous ... irresponsible ... [and] insensitive," actor Mark Wahlberg has now apologized for saying he would have stopped 9/11 hijackers if he had been on one of the planes, Reuters reports.
Read what he's apologizing for in our original post:
"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.' "
As Huffington Post points out, Wahlberg has spoken before about the 9/11 flights because he had been scheduled to take one of them out of Boston, but changed his travel plans before that fateful day.
Wahberg's latest movie, Contraband, was No. 1 at the box office last weekend.