Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
OUT in the Bay
Medical Marijuana - Feds vs. States
How does marijuana help people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other illnesses? How is the federal crackdown on growers, distributors and dispensaries in California and other states that have decriminalized medical pot affecting patients who rely on marijuana to relieve their pains and help them heal?
Eric Jansen hosts this discussion with Dr. Jean Talleyrand, founder and CEO of MediCann, which operates 21 California clinics where doctors evaluate patients and prescribe cannabis; Caren Woodson, operations director for The Green Cross mobile medical cannabis dispensary and a former congressional lobbyist for Americans for Safe Access, which promotes legal access to cannabis; and David Goldman, a core member of the San Francisco chapter of Americans for Safe Access and a former patient advocate on San Francisco's Medical Cannabis Task Force.