Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Medical Technology: One of the few good bachelor's-level careers with lots of job openings
It's the Holy Grail of careers: A good and ethically unchallenged career requiring only a bachelor's degree--and in which job openings are plentiful.
One of the few careers meet those criteria: medical technologist, more often referred to as lab tech.
On Work with Marty Nemko on June 24 at 11 a.m, my guest was Hanna Poczter who has hired and supervised many lab techs for the North Shore Health Care System. We'll talk about how best to prepare, the various niches, the careers' upsides and downsides, and other insider advice.
At 11:35, I did Three-Minute Workovers on callers.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM, San Francisco.