Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Arts & Culture
Meet Your Neighbors: Batting lessons from a pro
To many people in the Bay Area, the city of Burlingame is just a city straddling the 101, just south of San Francisco International Airport. As you drive by, you might see industrial warehouses and business parks- nothing too distinctive.
But if you actually take the Millbrae exit and explore some of those warehouses, you can discover whole new worlds. That’s what KALW’s Ben Trefny did one day, when he was looking around for a batting cage to improve his swing. After an online search, he came across Adventure Pro, run by former big league ball player Terry Whitfield and Ed Ricks. They offered to open up their Burlingame batting cages so he decided to drop by.