Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Arts & Culture
Middle Eastern theater company celebrates International Women's Day with live performance
An arts organization called Golden Thread Theatre Company has for years been enlightening, entertaining, and engaging the San Francisco public through live theater. Their purpose is to bring Middle Eastern literature, folklore and current events center stage. Plays tackle issues as serious as terrorism and the Patriot Act, and as light as folk tales featuring animals, and wise fools.
Iranian-American writer and playwright Torange Yeghiazarian is the founder and artistic director of the company. She spoke with KALW’s Hana Baba about what inspired her to start the company.
Click the audio player above to listen to the interview.
The Golden Thread Theatre Company is presenting “What do the Women Say,” a live performance celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday March 8 at La Pena Cultural Center in Berkeley.