Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Around the Nation
Miss America Asks School To Reconsider Student's Punishment
Originally published on Mon April 28, 2014 1:44 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
The bad news for Patrick Farves is he asked out Miss America and got suspended. The good news is the same. Mr. Farves is a high school student in York, Pennsylvania. When Miss America visited the school, he asked her to the prom. She can't go and the school punished him for asking. But the York Dispatch says Miss America asked the school to reconsider the suspension. So Miss America will not be by his side but is on his side, which is almost as good.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.