Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
OUT in the Bay - November 24, 2011
Mitchell Gold - The Pain of Growing Up Gay
Furniture mogul Mitchell Gold talks with Marilyn Pittman about his book, "Crisis: 40 Stories Revealing the Personal, Social, and Religious Pain and Trauma of Growing Up Gay in America." The book features essays by Barney Frank, Richard Chamberlain, pro basketball player John Ameche, ambassador Jim Hormel and many others, including ministers, gay teens, and mothers who have lost gay children to suicide.