Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
OUT in the Bay - November 24, 2011
Mitchell Gold - The Pain of Growing Up Gay
Furniture mogul Mitchell Gold talks with Marilyn Pittman about his book, "Crisis: 40 Stories Revealing the Personal, Social, and Religious Pain and Trauma of Growing Up Gay in America." The book features essays by Barney Frank, Richard Chamberlain, pro basketball player John Ameche, ambassador Jim Hormel and many others, including ministers, gay teens, and mothers who have lost gay children to suicide.