Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Money Diaries: The cost of a breakup
The pain of heartbreak is hard enough – but when couples live together, a breakup can have financial implications, too. That’s what happened to La’Trisha Dillon, who goes by Dillon. This is the first story in a series we’re calling “Money Diaries,” in which young people from Oakland talk about their relationships with money.
“I was living with my boyfriend,” Dillon says. “When I met him, he was this really great guy. He was sweet and chivalrous and so I took a chance and got attached to him. I never want to do that again. Things changed. And our relationship took a turn for the worse. He broke up with me, he doesn’t feel the same way anymore, so I had to move.”
To hear the rest of this story, click above.
This story was produced by Lisa Morehouse and Game Theory Academy, a nonprofit that teaches young people financial literacy.