Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Money Diaries: The cost of a breakup
The pain of heartbreak is hard enough – but when couples live together, a breakup can have financial implications, too. That’s what happened to La’Trisha Dillon, who goes by Dillon. This is the first story in a series we’re calling “Money Diaries,” in which young people from Oakland talk about their relationships with money.
“I was living with my boyfriend,” Dillon says. “When I met him, he was this really great guy. He was sweet and chivalrous and so I took a chance and got attached to him. I never want to do that again. Things changed. And our relationship took a turn for the worse. He broke up with me, he doesn’t feel the same way anymore, so I had to move.”
To hear the rest of this story, click above.
This story was produced by Lisa Morehouse and Game Theory Academy, a nonprofit that teaches young people financial literacy.